Parallelogram area calculator
A parallelogram is a quadrilateral in which opposite sides are pairwise parallel, that is, they lie on parallel lines. Special cases of a parallelogram are rectangle, square and rhombus..
The base of the parallelogram
- Opposite sides of a parallelogram are pairwise equal
- Opposite angles of a parallelogram are equal in pairs
- The sum of adjacent (adjacent) angles of a parallelogram is 180 degrees
- Sum of all angles is 360 °
- The parallelogram diagonals intersect and the intersection is halved
- The intersection of the diagonals is the center of symmetry of the parallelogram
- The bisector cuts off an isosceles triangle from the parallelogram
- If the diagonals of a quadrilateral intersect and are halved at the point of intersection, then this quadrilateral is a parallelogram.
- If two sides of a quadrilateral are parallel and equal, then this quadrilateral is a parallelogram.
- If opposite sides of a quadrilateral are pairwise equal, then this quadrilateral is a parallelogram.